Friday 31 August 2007

Where Was God?

(View Daily Bread)
Hebrews 13:5-8 (NIV)
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

6 So we say with confidence,

"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"

7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
__________________________________________________________

Lord, help me know You are near. In times of confusion, temptation, hardships and sufferings, help me know You are near. It's always easy to follow You when prayers are answered, or when all things in life is smooth, but when things don't go well, it seems so much harder to continue walking in faith.

Father I understand that prayers will not always be answered immediately, for everything is in Your time. I also understand that hardships and pain are necessary to mold me into a better person. In such times O Lord, help me to focus on You. Ever more I need Your strength to tide me over such circumstances.

You're my Lighthouse in a sea of terrible storms. I pray to You Father, that no matter how heavy the rain, how strong the wind, how blinding the mist, I will never lose sight of Your light. Help me know You are near.

No comments: