Wednesday 8 August 2007

The Sound Of Sirens

(View Daily Bread)
Revelation 21:1-5 (NIV)
The New Jerusalem

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
__________________________________________________________

Lord today's ODB's message talks about the siren outside in the world, outside of our physical self. However, I feel the need to share more deeply about the siren within us.

You've set up a good siren in me. Whenever sinful thoughts enter my mind, Your Holy Spirit prompts me, and immediately I try to think about better solutions in correspondence to those sinful thoughts, or divert my attention to something else more purposeful.

But Lord, I know I'm not perfect. I confess that there are so many times when I chose to close my ears from Your siren, and continue in my sins, either out of stubbornness, or out of willfulness. I tried to repent, yet recurring sins keep coming back to haunt me. Lord I truly want to get out of it and be free.

Father neither You said that life on earth will be easy, nor have You said that believing in You is easy, nor following Your commandments, and also believing in the works of Jesus Christ.

Help me attune my sensitivity to Your siren Father, until Your kingdom comes. I shall continue to walk in faith and believing in You. Thank You for Your mercy and grace that You’ve shown me time and again. I shall not take it for granted.

No comments: