Wednesday 1 August 2007

Wall-Bangers Anonymous

(View Daily Bread)
James 1:1-8 (NIV)
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:

Greetings.

Trials and Temptations

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
__________________________________________________________

Father, I was very pressed for time for the project that I was helping my friend with yesterday. I'm glad that even though I was feeling stressed, and tired, I knew the fact that You are in control. Though I worked till five in the morning, I wasn’t even feeling sleepy!

But Lord, I know too well that there will be times when I will not remember that You are with me, or You are in control. In times like these Father, I pray for Your wisdom to help me understand the situation better, guidance to lead me, and strength to carry me forward. Take me back to the fact of Your ultimate power over all things.

Nothing is too difficult for You O Lord. Nothing is not within Your control.

No comments: