Tuesday 28 August 2007

Visible Reminders

(View Daily Bread)
Deuteronomy 6:1-9 (NIV)
Love the LORD Your God

1 These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 2 so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. 3 Hear, O Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
__________________________________________________________

Putting It Into Practice
  • Memorize a verse of Scripture as you go to work.
  • Write a verse on a card, and tape it where it is visible.
  • Meditate on that verse during the day.

Lord just a week ago, I tried to commit myself to memorising a verse of Scripture daily. Now looking back, I found that I had already lost that “habit” shortly after 3 days. I believe Father, that today's message is to help me get back on track and get rooted in Your Word.

By myself, not all things are possible, but with You, I'm encouraged that nothing is impossible. Help me Lord, to stretch and flex the muscles of my brain. You gave me a good and quality mind to be able to think extensively, process meticulously, and absorb thoroughly, so let it not go to waste. If I do not start remembering Your Word, I will regret one day when I find that I can no longer remember.

Father God, let my mind be focused on Your plans for me. If a verse per day is too much for a start, by Your grace I can take two days. If two days is still too little time, by Your love I can take three days. In my opinion, the important thing is that I start somewhere and not give up. Lord Jesus, guide me in my daily walk and prepare my mind for its daily task. Use its capability to bring glory and praise to You.

No comments: