Saturday 11 August 2007

A Bad Dream

(View Daily Bread)
John 6:15-21 (NIV)
15 Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

Jesus Walks on the Water

16 When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, 17 where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. 18 A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. 19 When they had rowed three or three and a half miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were terrified. 20 But he said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid." 21 Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.
__________________________________________________________

Knowing You Father is my greatest happiness of my life. Some people used to tell me, that god is just someone that you make it up yourself, so that you can rely on it when you are not so sure about yourself. As for people who have full confidence in themselves and independency from all things, they do not even need the thought of a god. I must say that is true!

But the fact is this, men always fall. False gods will bring you despair when nothing comes true, when circumstances are bad, and for people who are so successful in their lives, when something happens, their world will crumble down. I’ve heard about such stories too many that some even have suicidal thoughts, just to end it all.

In your deepest hurts, pains, miseries, tragedies, mishaps, loneliness, ostracism, grievances, falls, wouldn't you want a person whom you know will love you and trust you, regardless of what is it exactly you have done, to listen to your problems and be there for you through it all?

People who have never believed God will never experience the healing power from Him. It's not what pagans believe to be just a simple reliance of burdens. The Lord heals, touches hearts, speaks to us, encourages, brings peace, provides comfort, gives rest, carries burdens, protects, and ultimately brings us closer to Him whenever we trust Him with our lives.

His spiritual presence is so awesome, so overwhelming, and yet so tangible, that once you feel it, you will know that our Lord is a Father who loves us with eternal mercy, gives grace and is ready to forgive our every transgressions against Him, as long as we repent from our old ways.

Because I know my Lord is always walking with me, I have nothing to fear. Whatever happens, I know it is in God's greater plans for me to grow into a better child of God. Nothing can ever get out of hand, for God is in perfect control of every single situation down to the minutest details.

Glory and praises be unto You my Lord, my King, my Savior, my God.

No comments: