Tuesday 21 August 2007

Distressed Travellers

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 11:20-30 (NIV)
Woe on Unrepentant Cities

20 Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. 24 But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you."

Rest for the Weary

25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
__________________________________________________________

Lord Jesus, I believe You for what You have said. In the future, whenever I feel weary and in need of encouragement, I'll remind myself of these verses that I read today. Just a few days ago I managed to survive a rough patch in my journey by constantly keeping faith in You too, and I really want to thank You for it Lord.

I have read from "The Purpose Driven Life" that if we know how to worry, we already know how to meditate. Worry focus on the problems at hand, while meditate focus on Your Word. What’s important is to consider what to focus our attention on. God is always near, so why not cast our problems to Him?

Let Your Word sink in to all brothers and sisters who read this Father God. Let us be wise and to focus on Your precious living Word when we’re troubled, and I know that we will be lifted up by You, protected under Your wings, wrapped around by Your tender love, and be given peace and rest that we will not be able to find elsewhere.

No comments: