Wednesday 1 August 2007

Protecting Your Church

Day Twenty-one
Thinking about My Purpose


Points to Ponder: It is my responsibility to protect the unity of my church.

Verse to Remember: "Let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony and the growth of our fellowship together" Romans 14:19 (Ph)

Question to Consider: What am I personally doing to protect unity in my church family right now?

__________________________________________________________

How to keep the unity in your Church family and among all believers?
  • Focus on what we have in common, not our differences.
  • Be realistic in your expectations.
  • Choose to encourage rather than criticize.
  • Refuse to listen to gossip.
  • Practice God's method for conflict resolution.
    • Private confrontation as soon as possible.
    • Take one or two witnesses to help confirm the problem and reconcile the relationship.
    • Take it to the church.
  • Support your pastor and leaders.

No comments: