Wednesday 29 August 2007

The Bug Zoo

(View Daily Bread)
Proverbs 30:24-28 (NIV)
24 "Four things on earth are small,
yet they are extremely wise:
25 Ants are creatures of little strength,
yet they store up their food in the summer;
26 coneys are creatures of little power,
yet they make their home in the crags;
27 locusts have no king,
yet they advance together in ranks;
28 a lizard can be caught with the hand,
yet it is found in kings' palaces."
__________________________________________________________

Lord there's many times when I wish that I have certain talents, the strongest being with music. I really used to envy people who are able to play musical instruments well so much, that I kind of lose sight that why I wanted to learn it in the first place is the possibility to serve You in the music ministry one day.

But thank You O Lord, for showing me the best way to serve You. In doing what I love most, which are things related with technology, I was able to help by setting up a blog for my cell group where we can use it as a repository for our life journey with You. Though it’s just a small task, I found that while I’m in the midst of doing it, I was really enjoying the process of what I was doing.

Through this experience, your Scripture brings forth strong meaning to me.

Romans 12:4-5 (NIV)
4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

I am convinced that You can use whatever talents You’ve given to each human being, and use them to make a difference in all kinds of ministry, supporting one another and helping each other to grow.

I'm not going to give up my pursuit of musical instruments though. I know that I may not excel at it, but I'm still going to try nonetheless. I do not want to waste any spiritual gifts that You have blessed me with Lord. Let me use them to bring glory to You.

No comments: