Monday 6 August 2007

A Good Stretch

(View Daily Bread)
Romans 8:26-28 (NIV)
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
__________________________________________________________

Father every now and then, when I hear something wrong being said about You, I always feel the tug at my heart. I know that it must be the Holy Spirit who's tugging me, wanting me to say something or react to that situation.

I have no fear of sharing Your love with others Lord, but I do fear for saying the wrong things, words that are mine and not from You, for I always doubt my level of understanding in Your Word. But then again, though I feel inadequate about myself, I find assurance when I know that it is the Holy Spirit who tugged me in the first place. If that's the case, it must have come from You.

Lord, I pray for confidence in my day to day walk with You, that I have the courage to share with people about Your grace and love, and to stretch my faith beyond my usual comfort zone, where I just do nothing but listen. Help me Father, to apply whatever that I learnt, so that praise and glory may be given unto You.

No comments: