Tuesday 14 August 2007

The Leap

(View Daily Bread)
Genesis 12:1-4 (NIV)
The Call of Abram

1 The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

4 So Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran.
__________________________________________________________

Probably what I will always tell my friends when they asked me how I began being in touch with Christ, is that I started believing in the works of Jesus with a leap of blind faith. I did not know Your Word, I did not do much quiet time to study it, I did not have any cell group for spiritual learning, I did not have any ministry to learn to serve You, and I certainly did not know You well at all.

Strangely but surely, even though I did not know You, I could feel Your presence every time when I’m in church. That sense of overwhelming peace calms my troubled heart every time and affirms me that You are just right beside. With that as my source of faith, I got baptised, and now I am definitely a happy child of God. :)

Another instance of keeping faith was roughly about a year ago, when I was perplexed with where to move on with my life. I was at the crossroad between studies and work. Each option further branches out into different fields of studies and work opportunities. Naturally, I was confused. Yet again, trusting You, You showed me the way which led me to where I am today, and I can definitely not be any happier.

Lord in many areas of my life, I have my bits of uncertainty and confusion, which I believe is natural and happens to everyone. You taught me to always seek You first in every troubled situation and obey Your Word, which till now all had worked towards goodness. Though sometimes the wait might be long, let me not give up hope but instead to realise that You are in absolute control.
Hebrews 12:2a (NIV)
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

No comments: