Thursday 9 August 2007

Beautiful Feet

(View Daily Bread)
Romans 10:14-18 (NIV)
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?" 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:

"Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world."
__________________________________________________________

Lord I've always been grateful for my friend, Jamie, who brought me to You. Without her persistence and patience, I would most probably never be a believer of Your Word. I was a terrible atheist, who did not want to be constrained by any rules/laws/commandments, free from accountability to anyone.

Even though Jamie saw that stubbornness in me, it did not stop her from sharing Your Word, Your ways, and Your truths, and about Jesus' love and how He died on the cross for me. It must have taken a lot of her patience to guide and teach me so that I may be who I am today. It took 2 years.

According to Your Word Father, indeed how true it is! How can I call onto You today, if I dint believe You? And how can I believe in the first place, if I dint hear about Your great love and sacrifice?

I'm eternally grateful to Jamie. She isn't a bible teacher or pastor, but yet she shared Your Word with me and brought me to You. Now that this joy is mine, and that I may be able to call unto You Lord, I pray that in turn, I may be able to bring Your good news to my friends as well.

Father I pray to You that You bless all of Your children with the courage to do Your works, and renew our strength from day to day. Even though sharing of Your Word isn't the easiest thing to do, but we shall persist to do so in faith, love, and obedience to You.

No comments: