Sunday 26 August 2007

Spiritual Decompression

(View Daily Bread)
Mark 1:35-39 (NIV)
Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place

35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and his companions went to look for him, 37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you!"

38 Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else - to the nearby villages - so I can preach there also. That is why I have come." 39 So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.
__________________________________________________________

As strange as it may sound, and as hard as I may try it to be, my room isn't my place for spiritual decompression. Even though it is here in my room where I do my QT daily, it's still not a place where I can focus on God. There are simply too many distractions.

Probably the first place that came to my mind was my church. I first experienced the peacefulness of being in an atmosphere anointed by God during worship before the service begins. Nowhere else have I ever experience that kind of overwhelming peace, where I feel being wrapped up entirely by His love and warmth, where I know that God is in absolute control of everything, where I can simply enjoy worshiping Him without a care in the world. Nothing else comes close to that.

I find that it is important to know God is always with me, and I can experience His love anywhere I am. Even the Holy Spirit dwells in me! Keeping these facts in sight, I can be assured that any place can be transformed by God’s power into a place of spiritual decompression.

I believe that as long as my heart seeks the Lord earnestly, the Lord will not forsake me.

No comments: