Monday 3 September 2007

Will Work For Friends

(View Daily Bread)
Acts 4:32-37 (NIV)
The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means Son of Encouragement), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.
__________________________________________________________

Having close relationships with friends are important. Close bonds strengthen us, and encourages one another in times of trouble and faithlessness. However, I used to be a loner.

I believed that I could do all things by myself, and thus I rarely sought help from peers. Life in turn had quite a couple of struggles here and there, but I stubbornly held on to what I believe. I had to be independent. I believed that being dependent on people is a sign of weakness, and can be a fatal mistake especially when peers fail to deliver what they promised.

God must have touched my heart at a time when I did not realise. Unclear since when, I started to build quality friendships starting with a friend, who is now my best friend and fellow sister in Christ, sister Seth. Now I have friends who I can speak to, share my heart with, and siblings in Christ who encourages and prays for me. Such things would not have been possible unless through the transformation power of Christ. I'm absolutely certain that my old way of thinking was wrong.

Humans need relationships to grow. Whatever is the outcome of invested relationships, always keep your trust in the Lord, for our Almighty God will be able to use whatever experiences for His intended good. I will work for friends, and I believe that I will bring God pleasure when I serve in His will.

No comments: