Sunday 23 September 2007

He Knows My Name

(View Daily Bread)
John 10:1-4 (NIV)
The Shepherd and His Flock

1 "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. 3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
__________________________________________________________

Thank You Lord for loving me. I feel so loved every time I think about how You made me to be who I am today. You thought about me, and planned my life down to the minutest intricacies, even before I was conceived by my mother. After I was born, and even till today, You still take care of me, and watch every route that I take.

Thank You Lord for loving me. Let me always be attentive and listen to Your Words Father, for Your Words mean more than any other earthly things. The devil has many temptations installed to distract me away from You, but I thank You Lord for always being patient with me, calling me back to You each and every time.

I love my name, because You know it, and that's how You call me. Lead me towards You O Lord, and I know I will find everything that I ever need in You. Help me to conquer in every temptation that is set before me, so that I may live a victorious life that reflects Your glory.

Thank You Lord for knowing my name.
John 3:16 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Psalm 139:17-18 (NIV)
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
John 10:3 (NIV)
The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

No comments: