Tuesday 11 September 2007

Living with Purpose

Day Forty
Thinking about My Purpose


Points to Ponder: Living with purpose is the only way to really live.

Verse to Remember: "For David ... served the purpose of God in his own generation." Acts 13:36 (NASB)

Question to Consider: When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's five great questions? When will I put my purpose on paper?

__________________________________________________________

What Is a Life Purpose Statement?
  • It's a statement that summarizes God's purposes for your life.

  • It's a statement that points the direction of your life.

  • It's a statement that defines "success" for you.

  • It's a statement that clarifies your roles.

  • It's a statement that expresses your shape.


Life's Five Greatest Questions
  • What will be the center of my life?

    • This is the question of worship.

    • Who are you going to live for?

    • What are you going to build your life around?

  • What will be the character of my life?

    • This is the question of discipleship.

    • What kind of person will you be?

  • What will be the contribution of my life?

    • This is the question of service.

    • What will be your ministry in the Body of Christ?

    • What would be your best role in the family of God?

    • How can you make a difference?

    • Is there a specific group in the Body that I am shaped to serve?

  • What will be the communication of my life?

    • This is the question of your mission to unbelievers.

  • What will be the community of my life?

    • This is the question of fellowship.

    • How will you demonstrate your committment to other believers and connection to the family of God?

    • Where will you practice the "one another" commands with other Christians?

    • To which church family will you be joined as a functioning member?

No comments: