Wednesday 26 September 2007

Jesus Sets Us Free

(View Daily Bread)
Galatians 5:1-6 (NIV)
Freedom in Christ

1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5 But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
__________________________________________________________

Lord Jesus, the devil lays traps all around in my daily life to stumble, ensnare, trick, divert, lure or entice me away from You. However, I can rejoice today because of the works that You had accomplished on the cross at Calvary, which gives me mighty confidence and sets my path straight towards You.

By Your precious blood I am cleansed and set free, forgiven from all my past transgressions.

O Lord, You deserve all the praise of the earth, and I give You thanks for all eternity. My confidence I set in You entirely. Sins will have no hold against me, I will be able to rise up against temptations, and I know that I am more than a conqueror through You who love me.
Romans 8:35, 37 (NIV)
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

No comments: