Saturday 8 September 2007

Doing What's Right

(View Daily Bread)
Psalm 15 (NIV)
A psalm of David.

1 Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,
4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the Lord,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

He who does these things
will never be shaken.
__________________________________________________________

Lord, guide me to live a life of honesty and righteousness. Help me not deny troubles that I cause, lie to others to get away from punishment, or shrug away responsibilities that are due from me. I know that by living a life that is upright, I can be a mirror to reflect to the world the works You are doing in me.

Let me be a showcase of the best of You O Lord, through daily communion with You. Knowing Your Word is not enough, I know I have to carry out actions by faith according to Your teachings, and learn by practice. May I do what's right in Your eyes, and that I'll find favour from You.

Your praises is all I seek. Thank You Father.

No comments: