Wednesday 19 September 2007

The Faithfulness Of God

(View Daily Bread)
Mark 11:20-26 (NIV)
The Withered Fig Tree

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"

22 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. 23 "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins."
__________________________________________________________

Father God, to have absolute faithfulness in You and none from myself is something that is not easily done. I have tried to hand over my entire heart over to You but certain things seem too hard to let go. Help me learn to have faith in Your faithfulness Lord. Help me learn to let go.

Another thing that I seem to lack in faith; very rarely will I pray for healing for myself. I'm not too sure what may be the exact reason behind it. Is it that I don't believe that You will heal me? Or is it that I fear if the healing does not come quickly, I might lose faith? There seems to be too many reasons for this.

Yet, with today's Scriptural reading, I want to start to flex my faith muscles for You. I pray for the healing of my left sprained ankle Father. It was a very bad sprain which was more than two months ago, and it still hurt badly whenever I walk. By Your Word, I trust in Your faithfulness that I WILL be healed. I believe on Your healing on this injury Father.

I keep my faith in You O Lord, and I can’t wait to share about Your great healing of my ankle!

No comments: