Monday 11 August 2008

True Teamwork

(View Daily Bread)
1 Corinthians 9:19-27 (NIV)
19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
__________________________________________________________

The phrase "when someone is won to Christ, the only loser is Satan" shook me the most in today's message. How true O Lord, that we're not fighting or competing with fellow believers or pre-believers. The only one that we are fighting against is Satan, the deceiver of our age.

Father, teach me the way of Your agape love. I'm not the extrovert I wish I am, who is able to share Your gospel with no fear of rejection. Sometimes I may even have my reservations for people who aren't close to me. To people who might have offended me before, I may never open to them again.

But Father God, I just want to remember of the words that Jesus said, "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?" Matthew 5:46

Teach me to have true teamwork with fellow siblings-in-Christ, and mold my heart to become one that forgives. Let me not hold on to trespasses against me, but rather, a heart to love my enemies like Jesus who loves and forgives all who came to Him. I want to live for You and obey Your will Father.

As Your children gains saltiness and shines light throughout earth, the ultimate loser is only Satan, who will be cast away into the Lake of Fire for eternity. Amen.

No comments: