Wednesday 27 August 2008

An Audience Of One

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 6:1-6 (NIV)
Giving to the Needy

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer

5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. ..."
__________________________________________________________

Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last
O Lord, I pray for better understanding on today's message. Teach me and grant me Your wisdom Lord in my daily walk with You. Though I may not understand it now, I'll discuss with my fellow siblings-in-Christ in hope to gain a better picture.

In the meanwhile Father, You are still the One I seek, the One that I stem my life upon. Nothing gives me greater encouragement to know that You are watching over me, leading my path, and protecting me every step of the way.

I am nothing by myself Lord. In You, let the greatest things be done. Thank You Father. Amen.

No comments: