Thursday 7 August 2008

The Singapore Song

This is a song composed and sung by my church's Senior Pastor Rony Tan.

I really want to thank God for this heart of his, for it really inspired and touched me deeply. For many years of my life, National Day probably just meant a plain and simple public holiday; a day to have fun and be free.

The question is how are we able to experience the fun and freedom now, if our forefathers never paid the price? It was a price that we could *never* comprehend or experience; the pain, suffering, poverty and struggle. How many of us actually know how it feels like to _struggle to survive_?

Even as I write this post, strong emotions are crashing upon my heart. I'm thankful for God's protection over this land, that we may have peaceful days, a clean government with no known corruption, an island that's free from natural disasters, and a considerably safe society that we can be assured of our safety when we're out on the streets.

All these are things that are too easy to be taken for granted when we are born and raised in a time of peace. With this song, I do feel a lot more appreciative for this land that I stay and live in. This is the place that I call...

Home.

No comments: