Friday 15 June 2007

School Of Hard Knocks

(View Daily Bread)
Psalm 119:65-72 (NIV)
Teth

65 Do good to your servant
according to your word, O Lord.
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.
68 You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.
69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.
70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.
71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
__________________________________________________________

Not all pain is bad. Father as You use afflictions as a tool to guide and teach me, let me understand Your perspective and thoughts, so that I may be brought closer to You. Even if I don't understand, I'll still delight in the knowledge that You're always here with me, going through with me whatever You have planned. Thank You Lord.

No comments: