Monday 4 June 2007

The Comeback King

(View Daily Bread)
John 14:1-6 (NIV)
Jesus Comforts His Disciples

1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

Jesus the Way to the Father

5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ..."
__________________________________________________________

Many people have came up with different ideas or reasoning, trying to shake the foundation of the Christianity faith by disputing the fact that Jesus either had never resurrected, or provided other forms of explanations that Jesus is actually just a man, not of God. In recent times, there was also the “Da Vinci Code” and the founding of the gnostic gospels from way back in time.

In response to these "findings", I always find that they contain plenty of loopholes. They try to bend near facts as facts, and using those as a platform, to confuse the masses. As long as we stay rooted in God’s Word, listen carefully to what the Holy Spirit has to say, none of these “findings” substantiate enough evidence displace the fact of what Jesus Christ had actually done for us.

My King is real, and He died for me. Though He died, He conquered death and resurrected. I am proud to say that I'm a child of God through Jesus Christ, and nothing will shake my faith in Him.

No comments: