Saturday 9 June 2007

Get In The Game

(View Daily Bread)
Colossians 1:24-29 (NIV)
Paul's Labor for the Church

24 Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness - 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
__________________________________________________________

Father God this message seems to be telling me to start thinking about a ministry. I've yet to have the courage to commit myself fully to a ministry.

If I join the choir, I may not have the time to go for practice, because of the hours that I always have to commit to my work. Furthermore, I'm shy of the stage.

If I join Speedlight, that'll be great because the rest of my cell group members are all there! But still, that means preparing materials, performing on stage, and Sundays spent longer in church.

Recently there's a ministry that really caught my eye. It's the Flexilight, which is a sports ministry. Seems to be the best of the crowd, but then, I'm still not so sure if I’m ready yet.

The questionable thing is this: Will I ever be ready? Or should I just commit? Lord You know my heart, and you know that I love to program things and make applications. If there's such a ministry, I will definitely do it! That's the talent that You had given me.

I’m fully aware of my problem. I keep procrastinating when there’s so much ministries that I can choose from. Seems to me that I want to keep all this time to myself, do the things that I like, and not willing to give up time to You.

Father, I pray to You, that You will guide me to find an appropriate ministry that I can serve You in. I really need Your guidance Father. I’m a procrastinator when it comes to ministry and I think that’s really very bad of me.

You’re my Lord, You’re my Father, You’re my God.

Show me the way Lord.

No comments: