Thursday 21 June 2007

The Lockhorns

(View Daily Bread)
Proverbs 15:1-4 (NIV)
1 A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.

3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
__________________________________________________________

Father I live in a sinful world, but thank You that you've planted many Christian friends around me, that I may learn kindness from. Your words are golden. You told us not to yolk with unbelievers. Took me some time, especially recently, to realise how true it is.

I have friends who are unbelievers, and they say words that are hurting to the heart, and to the Spirit. In an effort to protect myself, sometimes I hurl back sarcasm back at them, which causes me to sin.

O Lord, give me the grace not to hurl back at them. Instead Father, give me patience and teach me the way to continue to minister to them. Let my life reflect Yours, and bring them closer to You through my daily testimony. Tame my tongue Lord, so that I do not spout back angry words.

Father, in Your holy name, I forgive them of all their transgressions. Cleanse my heart off the eagerness to rebuke Lord. By Your will be done.

No comments: