Tuesday 19 June 2007

Not Boredom But Freedom

(View Daily Bread)
2 John 1-6 (NIV)
1 The elder,

To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth - and not I only, but also all who know the truth - 2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.

4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
__________________________________________________________

The reason behind why I initially started daily communion with You Father, was that I felt bored. I was still serving the army that time, and I really had nothing else to kill my time with.

After I came out from army, I wanted to continue with the daily communion habit. How seductive is the world! I lost interest in Your Word and began to stray. There are just way too many enticing things out there for me to get involved in.

Nothing in this world can replace Your everlasting love. Months down the road, emptiness crept into my heart, which I initially thought was fun and exciting. I knew I had to come back to Your Word.

Now that I'm back, and even stronger in faith than before, I know I can never go back. I no longer felt that daily communion is boring. I love Your Word, Your wisdom, Your truth, Your teachings, Your guidance, Your grace, Your love, and I can really go on. Through my astray, You led me back with a greater desire to know You.

Now that I feast daily in Your Word, I do realise that Your commandments have set me free. I experience freedom from the bondage of sins. No longer do I feel pressurised by the devil for You kept them away from me.

All praises be unto You Lord, for setting me free. People who feel that a Christian's life is boring are because they have not known You. Give me strength and courage to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to them Lord. I want my families and friends to experience real freedom as well, through my life as a testimony for Your love.

No comments: