Friday 27 July 2007

Pachyderm Pedicures

(View Daily Bread)
2 Timothy 2:22-26 (NIV)
22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
__________________________________________________________

You're omnipresent Lord. You know what is going through every minute in my life, and after something has just happened, I turn to Your Word, and I find both encouraging and comforting words are just waiting for me there.

Not just too long ago, I asked a friend to join me for church this coming Sunday, and when she rejected, I felt a little disappointed. I really hope that she will be able to have an early reconciliation with You.

Father I must have been too impatient. Bless me with Your wisdom to know that everything is in Your control and things will surely happen in Your time. Let me have the patience and grace when it comes to such matters, especially when it comes to handling human relationships.

I give myself to You Lord. With Your truth and love, nothing is impossible.

No comments: