Tuesday 15 May 2007

The Waggle Dance

(View Daily Bread)
John 4:27-36 (NIV)
The Disciples Rejoin Jesus

27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?"

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."

32 But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."

33 Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"

34 "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
__________________________________________________________

Lord Jesus I'm still having difficulty in spreading Your good news to other unbelievers. Even though I have tried, but I still fail at reaching out to their hearts. God You had probably hardened their hearts so that I may grow as I try to share with them, but one of my friends always seems to love to twist the meanings of Your Word. I deem those attempts as insults to You, which I will become very defensive and want to stand up for You Lord.

Lord You taught me to be patient and be full of gentleness when reaching out to unbelievers, but what should I do with such twisted words? Is it correct to be defensive towards the Word that I love? Or should I keep quiet and let it go by, and probably speak to the person another time? God I pray for Your wisdom in handling such dilemmas.

Father God, everything on earth is planned by You. All things have their own time and date and are only known to You. God help me to be steadfast in sharing the good news of salvation, and be full of wisdom when handling difficult atheists who refuse to listen.

I believe that by Your power and love, nothing is impossible. I want to do things according to Your will, not mine. Help me trust in You entirely, with a passion of faith that burns unceasingly to save the unsaved.

No comments: