Monday 21 May 2007

On Purpose

(View Daily Bread)
2 Corinthians 3:11-18 (NIV)
11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
__________________________________________________________

Father God, I have one good part to proclaim and one not so good part to confess.

The good part is that ever since I started to read the book, "The Purpose Driven Life", I'm more attuned to Your Word and Your ways. I understand a lot of things better, and have a better perspective when I'm looking at different situations. I feel more encouraged with the things that I do in Your Name, and I know that I have definitely become stronger in faith.

At the other end of the scale, I've not been reading it consistently, or reflecting the lessons as the way I should have. Though I've tried to record all the details down initially, I found it harder and harder to commit and especially be honest with myself. Is it because the book is digging into my deepest darkest secrets that I've yet to commit myself to change?

In view of my progress today, I feel there's no need to look back on days that I did not do reflection. What I'm preparing myself to do is that after reading this book, I'll do it again, and again, and again until I learn all the lessons and applied them in my life, while be able to share them where everyone can see me as the way You please. I think that is important and I prayerfully seek Your wisdom for guidance.

Meanwhile Father, I just want to be thankful that You prompted me to buy this book back when I'm casually browsing in the book store, because I have definitely opened up more since then to share about Your goodness to the people around me. I find the courage that I long lacked, and that's probably the best find so far. By Your will, I will continue in faith Father, and spread Your great news to all.

No comments: