Tuesday 22 May 2007

Scaredy-Bear

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
Do Not Worry

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
__________________________________________________________

Father I'm not in doubt of You, but I'm in doubt of myself. If I've received Your salvation, why do I continue to give in to the pleasures of sin? It's always natural to comfort myself that I’m just a human and will always fall short of the glory of God. But the entire point is to live in Your faith, live by Your teachings, and abide in Your warnings. Isn’t it?

Temptations can be made good when we survive its challenge. Father I'm not supposed to worry, for my faith should lie in You. Yet I fear it for I have a tendency to succumb to its voice, and land myself on the guilt trip.

I'm still learning to be faithful Father. It's definitely not easy. Am I lacking support from peers? Am I lacking faith? God You taught me to cast all my burdens unto You, so that I may not have to bear them. Help me to keep You always in my mind and in my heart. I cry out to You Lord, help me. Help me know You are near.

I know I can be a better man in You. You never said that learning Your ways is easy, or that the path to You is a quick one. Learning on how to be a better man is a life long journey of commitment. Let the repentance starts now and in a daily form Lord. I do not want to stray to a point when I can’t get back. I can be a better man in You.

No comments: