Sunday 20 May 2007

He Wants More

(View Daily Bread)
John 17:1-8 (NIV)
Jesus Prays for Himself

1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.
__________________________________________________________

Father I'm thankful for the brothers and sisters in Christ that You have planted around me. In the midst of life's struggles when we are lost and do not feel Your presence, or when our prayers go unanswered, it's always comforting to have a fellowship to go to, where we have our siblings in Christ whom we can talk and look up to, share about Your truths, encourage one another, and affirm each other’s doings.

I am especially thankful for my cell group leaders, both brother Ming Xiong and sister Yiyi, who have always shown a lot of concern to me because I’m still an infant in Christ. They are always willing to go the extra mile for You and have set a very good example for members like me to look up to.

I’m thankful to sister Raphaela, because she listens to my every whim of sharing of Your Word, and enjoys them. Because of her joy in listening, it gives me more confidence to share even more, and the more I share, the more I build up my confidence to share with non-believers next time.

Father at this point I must proclaim that the more I walk with You, the more joy I experience. Let this passion for You not burn out, and I pray for blessings upon all siblings in Christ, that we constantly look out for one another, keep each other in sight, walk in faith and be full of praises for You, until Lord Jesus comes again.

No comments: