Friday 18 May 2007

Mistaken Confidence

(View Daily Bread)
Romans 4:4-8 (NIV)
4 Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. 5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 "Blessed are they
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man
whose sin the Lord will never count against him."
__________________________________________________________

Freethinkers are a group of people who do not believe in religious dogmas, want nothing to do with them, and enjoys living without any sort of accountability.

I used to be such a man, and I further believed that I am the only person who can help myself. My heart was hardened through times of disappointment with the people around me, and I “learnt the hard way” to trust and depend only on myself. No one else is dependable.

Since I started going to church, God has a miraculous way of touching my heart. Events and happenings happened around and in me to prove that God is indeed real and always with me. By His power my heart was soften and I changed from a self-centered person into one who trusts the Holy Spirit's promptings for me.

This chain of events that I mentioned is only trivial matters, and they already changed my perspective of life. How much more of a significant change will it be if we talk about salvation? I can never have the ability to save myself from sins, for without the grace and love of God, I will only continue to get ensnared deeper and deeper.

With sins in my life, only death and hell awaits me. I placed my faith and trust in Lord Jesus Christ, who gave His life to save mine. This new found confidence will not be shaken.

If you have not believed, why haven't you? If your heart is rejecting and resisting, I pray that you’ll allow a little room for God to start with. In time, God will show you His way and the magnificent plans He had installed for you.

No comments: