Wednesday 30 May 2007

How Long?

(View Daily Bread)
Psalm 13 (NIV)
1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.
__________________________________________________________

Father I may not know the exact length of time to wait for some things to happen. Probably I've rarely petition any of my worries or thoughts to You. Deep in my heart, I know that I have to trust You to bring me answers that I need. There are actually a lot of matters that I can pray for, but I chose not to.

Is it because I'm lazy?

Or is it because I don't trust You with the weightier things in my heart?

I lied to myself that nothing drastically huge had happened that required immediate answers, and so, I have no expectation from You. Lord You know me from the inside out, and there’s nothing that I can hide from You. You know me even better than myself. I just have to confide in You, right?

Lord from today onwards, I shall commit my whole heart to You, and pray unceasingly on things that matters to me the most. Many such things linger around in the inner sanctuaries of my heart and I think it's time to entrust them to You.

Nothing is coincidence. You designed all the circumstances around me so that I will choose this decision today. I'm glad Father, that I can trust You with me in my entirety, and You will love me and never forsake me.

No matter how long it takes Lord, I know You're the One in control of everything.

No comments: