Friday 15 February 2008

Growing Through Grief

(View Daily Bread)
Psalm 119:65-80 (NIV)
Teth

65 Do good to your servant
according to your word, O Lord.
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.
68 You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.
69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.
70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.
71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

Yodh

73 Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.
74 May those who fear you rejoice when they see me,
for I have put my hope in your word.
75 I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous,
and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
76 May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,
for your law is my delight.
78 May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause;
but I will meditate on your precepts.
79 May those who fear you turn to me,
those who understand your statutes.
80 May my heart be blameless toward your decrees,
that I may not be put to shame.
__________________________________________________________

Lord I want to thank you for Your blessings upon my life. I've not yet been put through grieving times, probably because I'm not yet ready in Your eyes to handle such emotional stress.

But it came upon me of what had happened to a fellow sister-in-Christ, who just had a kin passing on last month. Through her exemplary display of courage withstanding the grief that must have surrounded her, I know that You're at work oh God. It was a difficult and trying situation for her, but to see her stand up today serves an example to be followed.

Father prepare me to do Your work, to make use of my time fully to serve the people around me. Help to bring the right words at the right moment to touch lives and bring them to Your salvation call. As we feel Your love each day, help us not to be contented and take it for granted.

No comments: