Wednesday 13 February 2008

Fresh

(View Daily Bread)
Psalm 51:8-13 (NIV)
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
__________________________________________________________

Father God, as strange and as lovely as You have created the world, so have today's message appears to me. A few days ago I was having a realisation from within that I have long neglected Your loving Word and nearly forgotten the joy of my salvation. Just as I have committed again to come back to study it, Your message helped me to realise the importance of daily communion again.

To be found by You is the greatest thing that had happened to me. It's a feeling so dear that I don't want to lose, and yet it's so easy to just lose it. I reckon there must be a lot of weeds in my heart. I need to start preening it, and start fresh out again for You my dear Father.

No comments: