Thursday 4 September 2008

The Sorrow Of Betrayal

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 27:1-10 (NIV)
Judas Hang Himself

1 Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people came to the decision to put Jesus to death. 2 They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor.

3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4 "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood."

"What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility."

5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."
__________________________________________________________

Over the last weekend Lord, You have touched my heart all over again. As I watched "The Passion of the Christ", I was reminded of all my experiences so far as a believer and all these experiences took a deeper dive into my heart at the same time.

We are born as sinful humans and always take things for granted so easily. We can never fully understand the extent of Your Love for us, and what exactly did our Lord Jesus had gone through just for us to be able to have a relationship with You. For me, I don't want to ever take what Jesus did for me lightly.

Father I pray that by Your loving grace, the Holy Spirit will guide my heart through my daily walk with You. Gird me constantly by Your Truth and Your never failing love. I never want to go back to my old ways, astray and far away. Brand me anew, and send me Your strength and wisdom to get out of the traps laid by the evil one.

I am reminded of Your goodness and greatness daily Father. In You I am free. Amen.

No comments: