Tuesday 9 September 2008

Conscience

Deuteronomy 11:16-17 (NLT)
Be careful. Don't let your heart be deceived so that you turn away from the LORD and serve and worship other gods. If you do, the LORD's anger will burn against you.
__________________________________________________________

>> Have you been listening to your conscience or ignoring it? Your answer may be an indication of the condition of your faith.

The past week when I wrote some seemingly "angry" emails over work, I was ignoring my conscience when it kept telling me to be patient. The extent of work fatigue really got to me, and I needed God's forgiveness that I gave in to anger.

Over the weekend my pastor was mentioning about all human beings have two pairs of ears: one physical and another belonging to the inner man. God speaks to the inner man and we really have to be sensitive to it.

Deadlines are still real and tight, and I am still struggling to keep myself on top of things. But since the beginning of this week I have kept praying for God's patience, and I listened to my conscience. Relationships between colleagues are not as tense now.

Praise God. :)

No comments: