Tuesday 1 April 2008

In The Driver's Seat

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)
Salt and Light

13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. ..."
__________________________________________________________

Lord it isn't easy to be consistently being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. There's just too much bad in us that want to burst out. But Lord, Your death on the cross is not easy as well. In fact it was the hardest thing to obey, but You still obeyed the Father's will in order to save us. What's my calling compared to Yours?

By Your love and grace Lord, help me to be consistently reminded of Your mighty deeds on earth, and keep an uplifted spirit that does not stray from You. Bringing the best out of me is the only way to show how powerfully You have saved me. I loosen the grip of control on my life and give You the driver's seat Lord. Take charge of me Lord.

I want to hide You in my heart Lord, a place where it gives me comfort and strength. Dwell within me Holy Spirit, and not part from me. Father who oversees all things and actions, may I find favour in Your eyes and You fill my thoughts with righteousness. Thank You Father. Amen.

No comments: