Monday 5 February 2007

The Price Of A Soul

(View Daily Bread)
Matthew 16:24-28 (NIV)
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. 28 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
__________________________________________________________

What have I done to save souls?

Thinking back, the only times I had done something seems to be when my church had harvest events, then I "try my best" to bring family members, relatives and friends to Him.

I have not put in much effort into it, as a matter of fact. Thinking about Jesus' sacrifice for us, how true it is that any sacrifice we make to bring others to Him is worth the cost. Such things are much easier said than done. Just how many people can actually do that, when everyone's lying in their own comfort zones?

Father God, I pray that you give me the passion for souls, so that I will extend my reach to love the unlovable, and bring them to you. Keep the thoughts of Your unlimited grace in me, and the things that Jesus went through to save me, and spur me on in my walk with You.

Keep me near Lord, keep me close. Nurture me, teach me, guide me and grant me wisdom. I want to spread your gospel to the lost.

No comments: